Notary Seminar – What to bring
What do I need to bring to class?
After your class registration has been processed, you will automatically be registered for the California notary exam on the same day of class. You will be issued an application to be completed prior to the notary exam.
Payment to the Secretary of State
You will be required to have a Check or Money Order payable to the Secretary of State for $40. This fee is required by the California Secretary of State for processing your application. Credit Cards or Cash are NOT accepted.
Required on the day of your Notary training:
1. One of the following Photo Identification:
(current or issued within the last 5 years)
o A driver’s license or State DMV I.D. card
o A Canadian or Mexican Driver’s license
o U.S. Passport or Passport issued by a foreign government
o A U.S. Military I.D. Card
No other forms of photo identification are allowed.
2. A completed application – California Secretary of State Notary Application – (Will be issued on the day of class)
3. Check or Money Order payable to the Secretary of State in the amount of $40 ( this is for application fee and processing)
4. Passport photo – All Applications for appointment must include a 2″ x 2″ color passport-type photograph of yourself attached to the application
(Passport photos will be taken and processed on the day of class)
5. Two (2) No. 2 lead pencils
Dress attire is casual